Battery-powered devices based on an ARM processor, which will also record light levels, temperature and humidity, will perform automated species identification. The relative low cost of these devices means they can be deployed at relatively close intervals across selected study sites.
- Logging the presence of Leptophyes punctatissima
- Logging temperature, light level and humidity over the same period
- Store data to a memory card
- Sealed (weatherproof) and powered by a lead-acid battery
- Second microphone to add a sampling site within 20m